Floating Everything Treb (FET)

Discuss anything hurling-related here. Ask for help, discuss design concepts, show off your work, it all goes here!

Floating Everything Treb (FET)

Postby Zooligan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:13 pm

Anyone have any plans, drawings, video, pics of this type? I see in mentioned on the old TheHurl forums, but no references...
Zooligan

Re: Floating Everything Treb (FET)

Postby GlennWi » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:03 am

Zooligan wrote:Anyone have any plans, drawings, video, pics of this type? I see these weight loss pills for women are getting popular and mentioned on the old TheHurl forums, but no references...

I've heard of this before but I haven't seen any pics or videos. Did you ask for some on TheHurl forums?
Last edited by GlennWi on Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
GlennWi

Postby madmattd » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:59 pm

GlennWi wrote:I've heard of this before but I haven't seen any pics or videos. Did you ask for some on TheHurl forums?

TheHurl is gone, has been for a couple years unfortunately. That's why this forum is here, but it's pretty dead as one can see from looking around. Zooligan did get some info through the Texas Treb FB group.
madmattd

Postby KerikM » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:10 pm

I remain afacebookual and iltwitterate. Just what is an FET? Do you mean the kind with wheeled hubs, like an FAKA only it's an HCW? All right, I'll Google it. But my experiment in that direction some years back got about 20% more distance than the same configuration with normal fixed hubs, even when I used lube.
I am hoping that the forum will become less dead. I am still kicking myself for not saving a copy of the old one.
KerikM

Postby madmattd » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:25 am

Yes, my recollection is that an FET was a reference to a floating axle HCW. I'm not aware of too many having been built, other than a model or two that I think Fishy played with back in the day. In my opinion you might as well go to a FEW/FAW (whipper variant of the same), and get a lot more performance from your added complications of the floating hinged weight.
madmattd

Postby KerikM » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Haven't tried a whipper or King Arthur yet. My trebs are Scherzers--the hub rolls forward along a track but it isn't a wheel, more of a circular rocker--like a Scherzer bridge. So it might be considered "floating everything"--perhaps. I will try to come up with pictures in a bit. This was my own invention, way back in Y2K, before I had heard of the other kinds.
KerikM

Postby madmattd » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:25 pm

KerikM wrote:My trebs are Scherzers--the hub rolls forward along a track but it isn't a wheel, more of a circular rocker--like a Scherzer bridge. So it might be considered "floating everything"--perhaps. I will try to come up with pictures in a bit. This was my own invention, way back in Y2K, before I had heard of the other kinds.

Sounds interesting. Pics would be awesome if/when you can get to it.
madmattd

Return to Catapult Message Board