NASAW in Action

Discuss anything hurling-related here. Ask for help, discuss design concepts, show off your work, it all goes here!

NASAW in Action

Postby madmattd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:21 pm

I figured I'd throw a few pictures on here of NASAW from this past weekend (September 27). We fired the machine for a day at the farm of one of our team's sponsors. While we had some strange winch issues requiring us to remove our (empty) counterweight boxes, we were still able to fire just fine with the permanently-mounted counterweight. For those curious, the empty weight boxes are over 400 pounds apiece.

More pictures at the album I created: http://hurlingforums.com/forum/gallery/album.php?album_id=13
madmattd

Re: NASAW in Action

Postby KerikM » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:40 am

Nice! What sort of distance are you getting now?
KerikM

Re: NASAW in Action

Postby madmattd » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:19 pm

KerikM wrote:Nice! What sort of distance are you getting now?

Well, last year we were consistently blowing past 2000 feet with ease. Not officially at Delaware though, as we mis-tuned for our first shot, pied our second, and then had what we can only assume was a measurement of parts of our first pumpkin on the third, as we were WAY past the distance they credited us with (1900' or so). With the weight boxes off for this demo, we were in the 1600-1800ft range, but we weren't really trying to tune at all, and we were shooting 7.5 pound pumpkins (we were saving the good 8-10 pounders for Delaware...so much for that now), so who knows.
madmattd

Return to Catapult Message Board