It's me, I'm back

Discuss anything hurling-related here. Ask for help, discuss design concepts, show off your work, it all goes here!

It's me, I'm back

Postby KerikM » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:06 pm

KerikM, Archfiend of Afterswing, here. The head honcho fixed my login issues, for now anyway.
I was at Burlington last fall, moving on a pair of new knees. Had the privilege of helping Bob P with his machines again and seeing some other fine ones in action. But one of my other privileges was having a trio of Girl Scouts there, with their leader, civil engineer Erica Fifer, and they did pretty well for 6th grade Cadettes, I think. Unfortunately I don't have their names written down, I was able to advise them on their design a couple months before, and I have hopes that they will better their fine performance this fall.
I myself have not been able to do much. My work for the last 4 years has been dead in the water due to lack of access to a milling machine and similar devices for the things I want to do. A friend had them but due to circumstances beyond his control he does not now, and the one makerspace that claimed to have one turned out to be lying. I might have better luck in Bellingham, let's hope so.
Especially since there's cameras all over my building now so I can't launch in the parking lot. Anyway, hurling is NOT dead!
KerikM

Re: It's me, I'm back

Postby madmattd » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:20 am

Yeay, welcome back! Hope the new knees are treating you well.
madmattd

Re: It's me, I'm back

Postby BobP » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi Kerik! Looking forward to seeing you in September. I actually just yesterday got the FAKA out of the shed to start working on it. Probably only one machine this year, it's just too much work.
BobP

Return to Catapult Message Board