2014 WCPC Cancelled!?!?

Discuss any hurling events here, such as the World Championships of Punkin' Chunkin' (WCPC). Have an event in your area you want us to know about? Post it here!

2014 WCPC Cancelled!?!?

Postby TommyL » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Wow. Was not expecting this but I guess behind the scenes, things were not progressing like they had hoped. Really shocked by the recent turn of events.
If my wife only knew how much money I have spent to throw fruit in a field...
TommyL

Re: 2014 WCPC Cancelled!?!?

Postby madmattd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Honestly, I expected it a couple months ago. But then in the last few weeks they seemed to be pulling it together and I was feeling pretty optimistic. I guess that was all a facade. Major disappointment. We are still looking to do something, too bad we aren't near most of the other chunkers otherwise we could have a ball. The Howard chunk in PA in 2 weeks might be an option.
madmattd

Re: 2014 WCPC Cancelled!?!?

Postby JoeWoe » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:13 am

Up until 2 to 3 weeks ago, I was telling my team that I wouldn't be surprised if the next email I got that the WCPC was cancelled. But then as it got closer and we started getting all the ticketing and badging info, and then the liability release, I felt pretty confident that it was going to happen. So it came as somewhat of a shock, but not a complete surprise. I hope more details come out as to what the real problems were or are. I do not like the 2 firing line concept, as I'm sure most everyone agrees. I feel if they don't have a remedy to correct that, then they should look elsewhere to hold the event. I feel like I was sold a bill of goods that everything was fine and there was plenty of room for World Record shots without knowing this little detail. I might not be in the over 3000 ft range, but I'm probably a bigger fan than a competitor, and not being able to watch most of the torsions, and the centrifugals would definitely leave an empty feeling. We've switched gears and plan to attend the Howard Fire Co. event. Hope to see you there Matt.
JoeWoe

Return to Hurling Events