2016 Punkin Chunkin Events

Discuss any hurling events here, such as the World Championships of Punkin' Chunkin' (WCPC). Have an event in your area you want us to know about? Post it here!

Re: 2016 Punkin Chunkin Events

Postby madmattd » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:51 pm

One note for those wondering about the WCPC (Delaware) and the progress. There is actually a signed and in-hand insurance policy (something that eluded the Association the last 2 years), and field setup is beginning next weekend. In other words, things appear to be fully on track for the event, albeit with a few changes (mostly related to alcohol consumption on both sides of the fence).
madmattd

Postby lastcoolnameleft » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:25 am

As the organizer of SlingFest, I'd like to offer a correction:

October 30
SlingFest

Thank you,
-Tommy.
lastcoolnameleft

Postby madmattd » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:32 am

Thanks Tommy, correction made (I left the Facebook link as that still seems to be valid).

I also added a couple more I just found out about. One is in mid-November! Please keep any omissions/corrections coming!

I should also note, though it is too late for anyone on here, that the Howard County event was cancelled for this weekend, no reschedule for this year. The park it was to be held at had massive flooding the last few days, to the point where parking lots, playgrounds, and the firing line are all under FEET of water. They will be back next year!
madmattd

Previous

Return to Hurling Events