Fullerton

Discuss any hurling events here, such as the World Championships of Punkin' Chunkin' (WCPC). Have an event in your area you want us to know about? Post it here!

Fullerton

Postby Thomas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:17 am

I just got word that the pumpkin launch at Cal State Fullerton is on for November 4th. No notification that the format is changed so it will be targets at varied distances up to 100 yards, unless they sneak in 100 meters. More points are awarded for hits at greater distances. They say a 15 machine limit but seem to squeeze in an extra or two.

Machines are whatever you have, except that air cannon are banned. Pumpkins can be from two to ten pounds.
Thomas

Re: Fullerton

Postby madmattd » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Thanks Thomas. I've got them on the list, good to hear this event is still going on! Any great plans for your entry this year, or the same general idea?
madmattd

Re: Fullerton

Postby Thomas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Nothing radical, Matt. I was dialed in really well last year for elevation and distance, and the organizer was impressed with my trajectory, said I was pitching fastballs where everyone else was lobbing. Mostly I'm thinking in terms of a sling pouch with more consistent release to improve my east-west accuracy. I had a nice new vee-trough last year that helped a little over the old flat runway, but not enough, so that's why the pouch is suspect.
Thomas

Return to Hurling Events