Here We Go Again (WCPC 2017 Cancelled)

Discuss any hurling events here, such as the World Championships of Punkin' Chunkin' (WCPC). Have an event in your area you want us to know about? Post it here!

Here We Go Again (WCPC 2017 Cancelled)

Postby madmattd » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:07 pm

https://www.punkinchunkin.com/ wrote:THE 2017 EVENT IS CANCELLED

Our non-profit, the World Punkin Chunkin Association, a 100% volunteer based group, has recently come under litigation regarding the incident where Ms. Suzanne Dakessian, a Sharp Entertainment’s employee, was involved in an unfortunate accident at our 2016 event. The pending lawsuit lists our non-profit and its officers as Defendants.

The landowners who graciously donate the use of their property each year for our non-profit endeavors are also listed as Defendants. They are reluctant to host our 2017 event in light of the lawsuit.

With less than 74 days until our event, we are left with no options. It is with our deepest regrets that we announce that 2017 Punkin Chunkin is canceled and with it, the economic impact that Delaware receives, the funds that we generate to help fund other non-profits and the scholarships for deserving youth. Refunds will be issued within the week.

It is unfortunate that Suzanne Dakessian was injured, and we continue to extend our best wishes to her, her family and her loved ones. We have no further comment at this time.

Not much to add from me. But another lawsuit, another cancellation (early on at least...). Sigh. We're going to start looking into new annual events to go to I think...
madmattd

Re: Here We Go Again (WCPC 2017 Cancelled)

Postby BobP » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:19 pm

Air cannons blow. Sometimes the blow up. I wish they'd go away.
BobP

Return to Hurling Events