Washington events

Discuss any hurling events here, such as the World Championships of Punkin' Chunkin' (WCPC). Have an event in your area you want us to know about? Post it here!

Washington events

Postby Thomas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Burlington has a website up for their event, scheduled for Sept 30 http://www.burlingtonwa.gov/index.aspx?NID=231

Doesn't appear that Snohomish will be held.
Thomas

Re: Washington events

Postby madmattd » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Thomas wrote:Doesn't appear that Snohomish will be held.

I seem to recall something from a year or two back that that event was effectively dead. Bummer if so as it was the long-distance event out in the PNW. Man I miss the days of Trebarbarric :(
madmattd

Postby BobP » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Snohomish was cancelled last year due to the organizer's illness. It won't be held this year as she's still recovering but she hopes it may be back next year.

Last year's Burlington event was cancelled due to the horrific mall shooting, but is on for this year. I'll be there with two machines, a newish FAKA and an onager.
BobP

Postby madmattd » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:58 am

BobP wrote:Snohomish was cancelled last year due to the organizer's illness. It won't be held this year as she's still recovering but she hopes it may be back next year.

Last year's Burlington event was cancelled due to the horrific mall shooting, but is on for this year. I'll be there with two machines, a newish FAKA and an onager.

Excellent on both accounts Bob, good to hear.

New onager or a re-hash of the hydraulic one?
madmattd

Postby BobP » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Same one, this time with a couple of added garage door springs. I realized after setup last year that half my performance problem was that the arm was too long for the amount of power I had so I've reverted to the original shorter one.

The "new" one is the old Mixed Nuts Jr frame on one end and a new support on the other, supporting a pair of 2x4 rails. The throwing arm is also the original JR one, on a pair of new trolleys. I'll have to try to figure out how to post pictures.
BobP

Postby BobP » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:38 pm

Burlington is in the books. Eight machines, most ever. Two of them mine. I won't be doing that again, it's just too much work.

Craig "Fishy" MacComber, who developed the FAKA when in high school, turned up and joined my team. With his parents! They were a huge help. Also had a visit from KerrickM, who's been having trouble getting into this forum.
BobP

Postby madmattd » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:34 pm

BobP wrote:Burlington is in the books. Eight machines, most ever. Two of them mine. I won't be doing that again, it's just too much work.

Craig "Fishy" MacComber, who developed the FAKA when in high school, turned up and joined my team. With his parents! They were a huge help. Also had a visit from KerrickM, who's been having trouble getting into this forum.

Sounds like a good event! And Fishy arises from the grave, awesome of him and parents to help you out!

Kerrick and I had exchanged some messages a while back about login issues, which we never resolved. I probably dropped the ball on something, I'll look back to see where that was left off. Thanks for the reminder.
madmattd

Return to Hurling Events