Fullerton launch, 2014

Discuss anything hurling-related here. Ask for help, discuss design concepts, show off your work, it all goes here!

Fullerton launch, 2014

Postby Thomas » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:28 pm

We did better than last year, in that we had enough range from the start, but were still unable to actually hit the target. Over, just short, right, left, never center. Still, it was a solid outing.

There were 18 entries, from some fairly good machines to some fairly silly ones. Several of us were going for the far, high-value targets but only Medieval Mayhem and California Baptist University's entry scored hits on them, one each, which produced a three-way tie for first, the third being a slingshot that pooched three hits on the 100 foot targets. There was a one-shot tiebreaker, with Mayhem scoring another hit and there being a drawing to determine second and third. The poochers won that.

Great weather, once the rain went away; we had a good downpour an hour before practice started, just after we got Brutus set up. Team was 8 cousins, 2 spouses, and 1 tag-along friend. I made sure everyone got to Release the Pumpkin at least once, so a good time was had by all.
Thomas

Re: Fullerton launch, 2014

Postby p-lod » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Sounds like fun. Is there an album full of pictures somewhere that we can check out?
p-lod

Postby Thomas » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:22 pm

I have a gallery of them here. I assume all members can access it.

You're Aaron Young, right?
Thomas

Postby p-lod » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:45 pm

That's me. Looking for the gallery now. (I don't know why I didn't check there to begin with.)
p-lod

Return to Catapult Message Board