4th Annual Howard Fire Company Punkin Chunkin Fall Festival

Discuss any hurling events here, such as the World Championships of Punkin' Chunkin' (WCPC). Have an event in your area you want us to know about? Post it here!

4th Annual Howard Fire Company Punkin Chunkin Fall Festival

Postby jcollins » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi all chunkers!
Josh Collins, team captain of Stand Back and Watch This, adult trebuchet division. I would like to invite all fellow chunkers to the 4th Annual HFC Punkin Chunkin held at the Bald Eagle State Park in Howard, PA. This is a one day chunk being held on Saturday, October 18, 2014 10 AM to 5 PM. The chunk is unique because the pumpkins are launched at floating targets in the lake located at the state park. The chunk is for fun, no distance measurements taken, but is a great opportunity to dial in your machine before the big show in DE. Last year we had 8 teams that compete in the WCPCA event attend the HFC chunk. The past year drew in over 20,000 spectators.

With the date change of the WCPCA chunk, some of the teams that attended or event last year may not be able to make it this year. If you are interested in more info about this chunk or want to attend please let me know.

Thanks, Josh
jcollins

Re: 4th Annual Howard Fire Company Punkin Chunkin Fall Festi

Postby madmattd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:38 am

Hey Josh, how much distance can the event hold? I doubt our team can/will attend, but you never know ;)
madmattd

Postby JoeWoe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:23 pm

Punkin Flight School was there last year and had a great time. We were hurling around 1000 ft, and Smokin Lamas was next to us doing 1500+. Capt Bob was on the other side of the beach throwing across out in front of us and I'm sure he was over 2000ft. We launched about 10 times that day, it was a workout. But everyone had a great time, I hope we can do it again this year.
JoeWoe

Postby madmattd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:40 pm

JoeWoe wrote:Capt Bob was on the other side of the beach throwing across out in front of us and I'm sure he was over 2000ft.

I forgot Mr. 3000 was there (hey Capt. Bob, how's that for an extra nickname?), guess that answers my question :)
madmattd

Postby CaptBob » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Hey - I like the sound of that!
Capt Bob
Team Carbo & The ONAGER
www.onager.net
CaptBob

Postby madmattd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Hmm, I forgot I asked the distance question here before I sent Josh an email today, lol.
madmattd

Postby JoeWoe » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:23 am

Punkin Flight School will be attending this event again this year. Originally we felt that we couldn't due to the moving of the WCPC into October and not enough time to prepare. But due to the recent cancellation, it's not a postponement in my book, we have refocused our efforts to be at Bald Eagle. Had a Great time last year. Got to throw about 10 times. It's fun to hurl into water and "Look for the SPLASH!!!" Just FYI Matt, we were able to use our rangefinder and get some decent estimates of our shot distances based on the splash.
JoeWoe

Postby madmattd » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:20 pm

I was hoping we could go this year, as it isn't all that far from where NASAW lives (3-4 hours). But schedules will not allow, which is a big bummer. It sounds like a great time. Perhaps next year though.
madmattd

Return to Hurling Events