Is anybody there?

Discuss anything hurling-related here. Ask for help, discuss design concepts, show off your work, it all goes here!

Is anybody there?

Postby BobP » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Hello? Hello? I hate to see this forum die!
I'm at least thinking about what to do this year. Several options:
1. Try to make last year's onager at least a little more powerful. More rope. Better tightening.
2. Do a few minor upgrades and freshen the paint on the "Old Reliable" JR King Arthur.
3. Make a new FAKA, using the TA from JR.

If the weather's nice next week, perhaps I'll assemble the onager and fiddle with it.
BobP

Re: Is anybody there?

Postby madmattd » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:19 am

Still here Bob, never fear! Myself, I've been a bit busy of late chasing various things around. There has been some plotting for this year with NASAW, but mainly we're waiting to hear exactly what is going to happen with the WCPC this year. It's been decided to hold it at Dover Speedway this year as no other land prospects were looking positive enough early this year and they want to make sure there is time to actually get all the ducks lined up to hold the event this year.

No chunking yet, but I'm gathering some bowling balls so once the snow finally melts away we can do some early-season testing for once.
madmattd

Postby TommyL » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:25 pm

I was at the meeting and Dover is a go and they won't need to shuffle around. The longer distance guys will need to throw over a patch of trees but it seems like we are good.
If my wife only knew how much money I have spent to throw fruit in a field...
TommyL

Postby jaygoodell » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:31 am

Is there a good place to get information about the WCPCA event? I haven't heard anything other than these recent posts.
jaygoodell

Postby KerikM » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:27 pm

I'm still here! Glad others are too. The FAKA sounds like fun...I think. I seem to recall the orange one as being a pain in the... Haven't been able to do anything of my own because of shop access problems. (Friend who has machines is being screwed over by partner, and makerspaces seem to be all about Arduinos and 3-d printers instead of mills and lathes.)
KerikM

Postby madmattd » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:10 pm

jaygoodell wrote:Is there a good place to get information about the WCPCA event? I haven't heard anything other than these recent posts.

Jay, aren't you getting the emails from Ricky? You should be as you are a captain. There's not been a ton of information, granted, but at least the meeting minutes are being sent out now. Let me know if you need his email address.
madmattd

Postby BobP » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:52 am

I am extremely annoyed with myself for starting this thread and forgetting to check back in! Nice to hear from you guys.
BobP

Postby madmattd » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:52 pm

BobP wrote:I am extremely annoyed with myself for starting this thread and forgetting to check back in! Nice to hear from you guys.

Hey Bob, are you there? :mrgreen:
madmattd

Postby BobP » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Yes. And I've done it again. Oh well. I'm behind on getting my taxes done. I'll use that as an excuse.
BobP

Return to Catapult Message Board